Thursday, December 31, 2009

More Uncensored Thoughts on This Final New Year's Eve of the Decade, As Well As My Hopes and Predictions for the Next One

Yes, folks, today is New Year's Eve 2009-- the very last New Year's Eve of the decade. And, dang, what a decade it's been! This year was particularly interesting, to say the least. Of course, I attempted to sum up the entire decade in one post yesterday. Well, I think the good folks at jibjab.com did a better job at that than I could possibly ever hope to do. Y'all have to check out their "2009 Year in Review" original, "Never a Year Like '09." It's hilarious (and so true)! The link is: http://sendables.jibjab.com/originals/never_a_year_like_09. There are lots of other great originals on the site, especially "This Land," a satire of the '04 election, and "Time for Some Campaignin'"-- a spoof of the '08 one.

Alright, now for my predictions and hopes for 2010 and beyond. Well, for starters, I think things will continue to improve overall in this country and that President Obama will be elected to a second term in office. (IMHO, 2009 and the whole decade actually concluded on somewhat of a high note.) And, regardless of what Dick Cheney claims, the prez does indeed realize that we're in a war (which Obama didn't start, BTW) and will work-- with our help, of course-- to end it by the end of his first term. I also believe that Obama will prove himself to be a resounding success, both domestically and in terms of foreign affairs. Finally, on a personal note, I think 2010 will be a pretty danged good year in the Ashleyverse as well. I will meet Mr. Right, have an awesome, positively life-altering Eurotrip this coming summer, and see things continue on the upswing careerwise. I know things are far from perfect, but I'm hopeful about the coming year and decade. So, those are my hopes and predictions for 2010. Mark my words, y'all: all this and more will happen. That said, peace, love, and, yes, happiness on this final New Year's Eve of this crazy, not-so-bad-after-all decade! Let's go out there tonight and spread good karma and vibes to the universe for the up-and-coming one. Oh, one more thing: my friend out in San Francisco reminded me today via e-mail that there's going to be a full, blue moon tonight. Once again, 2010 should be very interesting!


No comments: