Thursday, December 17, 2009

A Very Ashleyverse Christmas

Today is my semester finale at work. Yay! However, I'm feeling a little under the weather atm. I swear, it never fails-- my immune system is always shot during finals weeks. Anyway, I'm just going to rest up tonight and try to get into the yuletide spirit with SNL Presents: A Very Gilly Christmas (8-10 PM ET, NBC), a retrospective of holiday sketches past and present. The title is a reference to that creepy Kristen Wiig character, Bridgewater Elementary School's most infamous student (Tagline:"Uh-huh, yeah, what?, sorry!"). Honestly, the show's been rather, well, lame lately, although I did enjoy the Taylor Swift episode. Of course, it helped that-- as mentioned in Ms. Swift's musical monologue-- Kanye (overrated jackass!) wasn't there. LOL! As for Wiig, she gets on my nerves. That infernal Penelope (the pathological one-upper character) makes me want to bust my TV screen. For some reason, though, I find the Target Lady mildly funny. I'm basically going to tune in to see the classic Christmas skits. The ones from the 70s are my faves. There's a lot of great 90s SNL Christmas-themed comedy, too-- especially a certain sketch featuring Alec Baldwin. Well, time for me to get going and get started on prepping for yet another Ashleyverse Christmas. Peace!

No comments: