Monday, December 21, 2009

More Thoughts and Info About Montazeri and Murphy, Plus Some Christmas-Themed Stuff

Yesterday, I talked about the deaths of Brittany Murphy and Iran's opposition leader-- Grand Ayatollah Hossein Ali Montazeri. In regards to the former, Ms. Murphy was ill prior to her passing. According to her husband, writer Simon Monjack, and family and friends, Brittany was reportedly suffering from "flu-like symptoms." (I don't know about y'all, but in light of the supposed swine flu pandemic and the fact that it's officially flu season, I don't like hearing that a seemingly healthy celebrity in my age bracket has died after feeling "flu-like" symptoms. And, yeah, that SNL sketch is rather distasteful in retrospect.) As for the latter, I just wonder how and to what extent Montazeri's passing will affect U.S. relations with Iran. I also wonder what our president thinks about all this. I'm sure he'll let know sometime sooner as opposed to later. R.I.P. Brittany and Montazeri. (Is it just me, or has this been a helluva year in terms of celeb deaths, or what?)

Secondly, I'd like to discuss some more Christmas-y things with y'all. I think I'm going to have a "favorite-things-type" post on here, and I'll more than likely discuss my fave seasonal tunes. Speaking of music, I've been watching VH1's "Top 40 of 2009" countdown. I think music has been pretty danged good this year. Songs and videos by the likes of Beyonce, Taylor Swift, the Foo Fighters, John Mayer, Lady Gaga, Pink, Green Day, Daughtry, Kelly Clarkson, Bon Jovi, Kings of Leon, Colbie Caillat, Rob Thomas, Jay Sean, Carrie Underwood, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, the Plain White Ts, Owl City, Michael Franti, etc., are among my faves on the list (interesting mix, huh?). Well, I hope everyone's feeling peaceful, loved, and happy out there right now, and I'll talk to y'all later.

No comments: