Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Additional Info About My Online Dating Debacle

Continuing on the online dating theme, I got a couple more "winks" today. This time, they were from seemingly half-way compatible, decent guys (for me). For example, one of the "winks" was from an apparently okay 28 year old from Greenup, Ill., and I received a "wink" from a cute 29 year old from Palestine, Ill. (originally from Chicagoland). One guy even said he really liked my profile photo. (I guess I'm not totally hideous. LOL!) Interestingly enough, most of these guys have commented more on my personality aspects, which is a good sign. There's still a few "good" ones out there! I think I might check these dudes out and perhaps even "wink" 'em back. Last night, this lonely, widowed, 44-year-old soldier, who's just returned home from a tough deployment in Iraq and is looking for companionship, "winked" me. He seemed sweet and also happens to be well-educated, but he also doesn't want kids (yikes! big-time deal-breaker in the Ashleyverse!). Still, I suppose "debacle" might be too strong a word to use to describe my dating situation-- at this point, anyway. I remain optimistic that I will find Mr. Right in a timely fashion one way or another, online or otherwise. Stay tuned!

No comments: