Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Final Analysis

Well, folks, I gave my communications final early, early this morning-- too danged early, in fact-- and it went very smoothly. Everyone showed up this time, which was a vast improvement over last year. (Two or three students completely blew off my fall semester final a year ago. It's like, 'The college prints out those finals schedules for a reason, people!' ) Anyway, I also graded my requisite mountain o' papers in Flex-Op this afternoon. It looks as though almost everyone's going to finish up in there, so I'm basically pleased with that endeavor.
Also, I received my grade for my EIU class via e-mail today. I got an A! I was pleasantly, pleasantly surprised. I thought for sure I was going to get a B. Then again, I always downgrade myself and am definitely my own worst critic. I've gotta work on that. LOL! Apparently, the research proposal went well after all. I think what ultimately synched the grade for me was the post-presentation Q&A session with my professor and classmates, during which I expressed a desire to further explore my paper topic ("The Politics of Otway's Venice Preserved") and hinted about how I might go about doing that. For example, I alluded to this concept that's been circulating throughout my insane mind as of late, which falls somewhere along the lines of paralleling Otway's Restoration tragedy to current political events. Um... I'll get back with y'all later on that. Okay, I need to stop analyzing everything and just be happy. (Note to self: Stop being so analytical and enjoy your success for once!) Alright, I'd better stop while I'm still ahead. Peace, Love, & Happiness on this lovely mid-December's eve.

No comments: