Sunday, December 13, 2009

How I'm Getting Into the Christmas Spirit This Year

Howdy, y'all! I'm just kickin' back and enjoyin' the first lazy Sunday afternoon of my Christmas break from Eastern. I've got a work party to go to tonight, and I just whipped up another batch of my oh-so-famous seven-layer Mexican dip. Anyway, I've been listening to some holiday "mood music," courtesy of the Now! CD series (there may be a relevant review/discussion of some of the songs on these discs here in the coming days-- stay tuned) and watching holiday-themed episodes of some of my fave TV shows on DVD. (I highly recommend "White Lie Christmas" from Season 1 of My Name Is Earl (a total riot) and "Death Takes a Holiday" from Season 9 of M*A*S*H (poignantly awesome) for yuletide viewing.) In addition, I'm trying my dangdest to make my humble abode half-way presentable for any visitors who may stop by throughout the season. So, that's a brief synopsis of my holiday plans for this year. Peace on Earth (my perennial wish) and goodwill to all my fellow human beings.

No comments: