Thursday, November 26, 2009

What are y'all doin' for Thanksgiving?

At the end of class on Tuesday, I asked my students what they were doing for Thanksgiving. I got a mixture of answers, ranging from "Not much" to "I'm getting together with friends and/or family for a big dinner and/or party." So, I thought I'd ask my faithful readers the same question: What are y'all doin' for Thanksgiving?
As for my plans for Turkey Day '09, they more closely resemble the latter student response. Atm, I'm watching The 83rd Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on CBS. (Maybe it's kinda dorky, but it just ain't Thanksgiving without the parade.) I'm spending this afternoon with my dad's side of the family and this evening with my mom's. If anything particularly interesting happens today (and it inevitably will), I'll talk about it here.
Of course, there are folks who've been hit hard by the recession or are serving our country overseas. Let's keep those individuals in our thoughts and prayers as we give thanks for what we have. Speaking of which, I'm thankful for the people I have around me and the opportunities that have been afforded to me. For these things, I owe an immense debt of gratitude.
Well, I hope y'all have a lovely Thanksgiving, and feel free to let me know what y'all are up to.

No comments: