Friday, November 20, 2009

In the News on 11/20/09

There's lots going on in that wacky, rotating sphere we call Planet Earth today. Accordingly, I will attempt to talk about it all right here.
For starters, Sarah Palin appeared on Oprah Monday. I didn't get to watch it, because I had to work. However, I've watched clips of the episode, and Sarah just seems angry. Y'know, that's not a very good foundation on which to base a presidential campaign.
Speaking of the "Queen of Talk," she's cancelling her show after 25 years. (Dang, now I won't get to be on Oprah! LOL! Oh, well, there's always Countdown, Maddow, Hardball, and AC360.) Anyway, Miss O's had a pretty good run and feels that it's time to move on. More power to her.
Secondly, moderate Dems may help President Obama reach an impasse in regards to the health-care debacle. Right now, though, the White House and Congress are dealing with a stand-off with Catholic bishops concerning the abortion issue. I trust that a compromise will eventually be reached in order to resolve this matter.
In addition, I'm sad to report that the Middle East peace talks have reached a bit of a stalemate. The Israeli government has purchased a large tract of Palestinian land in order to expand Israeli settlements there. More information pertaining to this situation will be posted here as I research and learn more about it. So, stay tuned.
Finally, in Ashleyverse news, tomorrow is my mom's birthday. I'm trying to decide what type of present to buy her. She's been going through some personal changes lately, so I'm probably going to purchase a gift that reflects those changes. Incidentally, today is Vice President Joe Biden's b-day. So, happy birthday, Mom and Joe!
Well, that was a basically brief synopsis of current world and Ashleyverse events. Until next time, peace, love, & happiness.

No comments: