Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Update on My Ongoing Attempts to be a "Domestic Goddess"-- Plus a Little Unsolicited Commentary on the Latest "Celebrity" Death

Alright, folks, I've made a bit more headway in terms of becoming more domesticated. For the past couple days, I've been using these last vestiges of "free time" before I go back to school and work to tidy up around the house. I'm not going to lie to y'all-- it feels really good to clean up. I think that perhaps I've finally gotten past the crazy notion that only repressed, uber-conservative, fundamentally religious women actually enjoy housework. Don't get me wrong, though; I'm still very much a feminist. However, I do want my personal space to reflect who I truly am: a competent, hard-working, disciplined, and intelligent 30-year-old woman of this promising decade that has just begun. On a side note, I would like to find a fella to accompany me on this life's journey, so I think it would behoove me to exhibit the aforementioned qualities.

On a whole other topic, yet another celebutante has passed away. Casey Johnson, heiress to the Johnson & Johnson family fortune died at-- gasp!-- age 30, most likely due to complications from diabetes. In addition to being mourned by her family, Casey is also sadly missed by friends, including fellow socialite Paris Hilton and supposed fiancee, reality TV "star" Tila Tequila. Y'know, you would think that with everything they've been given in life, as well as access to the best medical care in the world, these gals would take better care of themselves. As for the Tila Tequila part of this, well, I saw that girl on Jimmy Kimmel Live a while back, and she ain't necessarily the brightest thing. So, I doubt she was really all that intuned with Casey's well-being, either, and I'm sure that given their fast-paced lifestyle, Casey probably wasn't taking terribly great care of herself prior to her premature death. Hopefully, what happened to Casey and Brittany Murphy will serve as a wake-up call to the up-and-coming generation of young women. Ladies, if you want an awesome, rockin' life, y'all have to take care of yourselves-- physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually!

No comments: