Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Terrific Tuesday!

Okay, folks, I had a slightly better today. Actually, I didn't (technically) have to do anything-- a rarity in the Ashleyverse. My best friend called me this afternoon, and she's also going through an existential crisis. She and I are both ready to move on with our lives. I celebrate the fact that I have such a strong support network, especially in these "times that try men's (and women's) souls"-- to paraphrase Tom Paine. Someone else who's celebrating is President Obama. The prez turned 48 today. According to this one article I read today, he's trying to celebrate amid everything that's going on now. Of course he was on the campaign trail last year at this time. What a difference a year makes! Incidentally, he shares a b'day with senior reporter Helen Thomas-- who's one of my idols. Ms. Thomas is 89 years young. So, happy birthday, Mr. President (and Ms. Thomas)! All things considered, I had a basically terrific Tuesday.

No comments: