Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Feelings About My Final Grade and Academia in General

Okay, I logged onto eiu.edu (the university Web site-- duh!) last night to check my final grade. I made a B. Based on what I've heard and observed about Dr. K, I'm very pleased with that. (I swear, that man doesn't believe in handing out As! Oh, well-- builds character. lol! Truth be told, I'd actually rather have to work hard and put forth effort for accolades as opposed to simply having things handed to me.) Honestly and ironically, I've gotten to where I really don't believe in giving students grades. I think subjective evaluations of progress would be a much more effective-- not to mention self-esteem-building-- way to assess pupils. Too bad that logic probably wouldn't fly with my supervisors! Anyway, I guess I'm making satisfactory progress in all areas of this life.

No comments: