Saturday, August 8, 2009

It was 40 years ago today...

On August 8, 1969, Scottish photographer Iain MacMillan snapped the famous photo of John, Paul, George, and Ringo (a.k.a. The Beatles) walking single file down a pedestrian zebra crossing outside the Fab Four's London recording studio-- Abbey Road. The pic, which shows the group depicting a "funeral procession," was used for the cover of the album Abbey Road, released in October of '69. Abbey Road is probably my favourite Beatles album. It contains two of the Fab Four's best (imho) songs-- "Here Comes the Sun" and "Something"-- both sung by the grossly underrated George. (In case y'all didn't notice, I spelled "favourite" the British way. Couldn't resist a little English teacher humor. lol!) This past week, thousands of fans from all walks of life descended upon the famed location to commemorate the anniversary. Wish I could've been there! (I suppose I was "there" in spirit.)

No comments: