Friday, August 28, 2009

A Somewhat Brief Synopsis of My Very Interesting Day

Yesterday was a very interesting day, to say the least. First, I taught my communications class in Olney-- at 8 a.m. (yawn!). Then, a few hours later, I headed up to Charleston for my first fall class at EIU. It's a drama class. Yeah, this is going to be one tough semester! It's a strange (in a good way) juxtaposition to be a teacher and student simultaneously. Afterward, I met up with my BFF, Jenn, for some Mexican food and margaritas. Finally, we went to the JAC, where I read Samuel Taylor Coleridge's " The Ballad of the Dark Ladie"-- a poem about a lovesick brunette looking for her knight in shining armor-- which is in no way autobiographical. I got an amazing response (mostly from guys, interestingly enough) for my reading. I made it home at around 11 p.m. It was a long day, but it was some of the most fun I've ever had in my life. I'm looking forward to the rest of the fall-- and reading more love poems.

No comments: