Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Stages of Life

I'm starting back to work for the fall semester tomorrow. I found out that my colleague is going to be a first-time grandpa, as his daughter in Tennessee has just announced that she is expecting. It got me thinking: Marriage and motherhood are more than likely just around the corner (read: within a couple years) in the Ashleyverse. (I'm getting that distinct vibe that I will meet Mr. Right sometime in the very near future.) Anywho, I occasionally indulge in fantasies of being "married with children." (Yes, even we liberal/progressive gals have those fantasies!) I've actually gone so far as to think of potential baby names. Right now, my favorite girls' names are Harper and Zoe. For boys, I think Dylan and Oliver are just nifty. I don't know why I have those vibes. Must be a Southern thing! Perhaps my intuition will prove to be right, and my pink-and-blue fantasies will indeed become a reality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute names :D I was going to go with Oliver if I had a boy. Good luck on Mr. Right!

Ashley said...

Thanks, Witchbaby! It's great networking with likeminded individuals.