Sunday, February 7, 2010

More Meet the Press-- Ashleyverse Style

Alright, folks, there's quite a bit of big news to observe and report on in the Ashleyverse today. To begin, it's Super Bowl XLIV night. The Indianapolis Colts are playing the New Orleans Saints. I guess I'm rooting for the Colts, but I'm feeling a little sentimental toward the Saints, since this is their first time to play in the Super Bowl. Honestly, I really don't care too much for sports, but having grown up in Texas, I sort of like football (y'know-- the whole Friday Night Lights thing). Back in the 90s, I used to cheer on the Dallas Cowboys to victory while my dad (a former high school pigskin "hero") watched the game. Anyway, I might tune in periodically to the game tonight in order to catch the half-time show-- provided this year by The Who (whom I'm a fan of!)-- and check out the commericals.



Meanwhile, there's a lot of action happening in America's biggest bloodbath of all: politics! Last night, Sarah Palin "spoke" at the very first Tea Party convention in Nashville. I say "spoke" in quotations, because there wasn't much real speaking going on. Rather, Palin wove a disoriented patchwork of conservative platitudes, attacked President Obama, and failed to propose any real alternatives or solutions to the problems we are facing. (That having been said, I will discuss and analyze the so-called "speech" more extensively in tomorrow's post. Stay tuned!)



Well, that concludes yet another edition of Meet the Press-- Ashleyverse Style. Namaste, y'all!

No comments: