Friday, February 5, 2010

A Little More Friday Infotainment

Alright, there's lots going on in both 'news news' and entertainment news today. Accordingly, I will cover as much of it as I can in this post.

First, the 'news news.' President Obama is now admitting that the big health-care overhaul may be a failure for the time being. As I've implored readers a number of times before, we just have to keep trying in regards to this matter. The president has also outlined his mid-term election victory strategy to Dems: "Lead." Couldn't have said it better myself! Also in politics, there's yet another possible Sarah Palin scandal brewing. This time, it appears that Miss Alaska and her Iditarod-racin' hubby, Todd, have not been paying taxes for the last couple years on some property they own in the Alaskan wilderness. I'm sorry, but our elected officials-- especially high-profile ones-- have a responsibility to be, well, responsible. We'll just have to see how this one shapes up. (Honestly, folks, why is this not shocking?)

Now, for the entertainment. It's almost Valentine's Day, and there's a string of seasonal rom-coms out in the theaters atm, such as Leap Year, starring Amy Adams. Who knows... maybe I'll find me a rogue Irishman next summer. LOL! I'd also like to see Dear John, the war drama/romance with Amanda Seyfried and Channing Tatum. Of course, there's a movie out called Valentine's Day, with Julia Roberts, Ashton Kutcher, Jennifer Garner, Jessica Alba, and Taylor Swift. Based on the previews I've seen, it looks pretty cute and funny. In addition, Grammy winner Pink is appearing and performing live on Oprah this afternoon. I'm definitely watching. Lady Gaga's interview and performance on Miss O's show were absolutely amazing, so I'm looking forward to seeing Pink on there today.

Okay, that concludes this edition of Infotainment This Afternoon. Y'all take care & peace out!

No comments: