Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Highly Pertinent Hodgepodge

In current NPR news, a magnitude-6.2 earthquake struck the Hindu Kush region between Afghanistan and Pakistan at approximately 12:21 EDT this morning*. There is no official casualty report at press time. (*Note: They're a day ahead of us in the Middle East, so the earthquake actually occurred at 12:21 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 23.)

In Ashleyverse news, my class was cancelled for tonight. In honor of this extremely rare occasion, I got off work this morning and came home and slept. LOL! Actually, that rest was much needed, for I'm quite tired and haven't been feeling all that great the past couple days, plus I have a slight hitch in my giddyap. I must've pulled that leg muscle after overdoing it on the yoga (or perhaps this minor injury occurred while I was trying to emulate She-Wolf Shakira on SNL last weekend). Seriously, though, I really can't complain too much. Oh, and speaking of my EIU class, I'm presently reading George Lillo's The London Merchant; or, The History of George Barnwell (1731). I'm also in the throes of a group project. My partners and I are creating a contemporary adaptation of The Libertine. (Yes, folks, I promise I'll get around to discussing that further, perhaps even this weekend.) Finally, I'm developing my thesis topic. BTW, I got a little ahead of myself in regards to this matter the other day. This prospectus actually has to pertain to the course I'm taking now. Accordingly, I've revised my plan and will instead write about a sociopolitical issue broached in Venice Preserved (love that play!) and how that issue was staged for Restoration-era audiences.

Last but not least, Adam Lambert's first video has finally been released to the masses. I found out about it via a Yahoo! Music blog post. It's for a song from the 2012 soundtrack. The world premier of "Time for Miracles" can now be viewed on the aforementioned site. I watched it yesterday, and I would classify it as an Aerosmith-esque power ballad. The link to the vid and corresponding post is: http://www.new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/279195/adam-lamberts-first-music-video-explodes-fans-heads-follow-suit/. (Did I fail to mention that I'm a self-confessed Glambert?)

No comments: