Thursday, October 8, 2009

Another Theatrical Thursday

Hey, everybody! I just got out of class at EIU. We read and had an intense discussion of George Farquhar's The Beaux' Statagem (1707), a very interesting play that illustrates the shift in cultural thinking in regards to gender roles and social hierarchy between the Middle Ages and the Enlightenment. I also got my paper back. Guess what, folks, I got an A (95/100, to be exact) on it! Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised.
In other Ashleyverse news, I'm embarking on yet another heavy-duty chapter with my communications students. Anyway, there's a long weekend coming up, and I'm very much looking forward to that.
In world news, we've been in Afghanistan exactly eight years now. I trust that the president will make the right decisions regarding this matter. Speaking of which, his approval ratings are actually going up, despite what critics have been claiming. BTW, did y'all know that FAUX News is doing a series of "investigative reports" about the president's supposed involvement with ACORN? Puh-leeze! For the record, his involvement with the organization is negligible at best and occurred before the alleged unethical acts.
Well, that's all I've got for y'all atm. I've got to head home ASAP to catch The Office wedding. Yep, Jim and Pam-- a.k.a. "Jam"-- are finally tying the knot. I think they are the cutest, funniest, sweetest, and most realistic TV couple. Peace, Love, & Happiness!

No comments: