Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday in the Country

Howdy, folks! I've just finished conducting research for my paper-- entitled "Topics and Issues in Restoration Theatre: Linguistic Evidence of Domestic Abuse in Satirical Interpretations of Wycherley's The Country Wife" Okay, I know what y'all are probably thinking: 'She's finally lost it!' Actually, I'm just driving myself nuts trying to make this sucker as professional as possible. This is, after all, the essay I plan on using for my application writing sample. If I make it, I'll let y'all know how I'm coming along with this endeavor. This is one of the main reasons I haven't exactly been my usual bubbly, effervescent self lately. Can't wait for Oct. 23-- the day the grad assistantship application packet is due. I'm optimistic about my chances, but I can't help getting a little nervous about it. I just want to know one way or another so that I can have a little bit of certainty about which direction my life is gonna go. I know that's not entirely realistic, but I tend to be a gal who likes to have her ducks in a row as much as possible. Honestly, though, I'm trying not to be such a control freak. I know I'd be even happier if I wasn't. Well, believe it or not, I'm actually at a loss for words, so I'm signing off now. Namaste, y'all!

No comments: