Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Reason Behind My Heightened Emotionality

A few days ago, I said that I was feeling out of sorts and emotional. Well, I've uncovered the reason behind those feelings: I'm feeling pressure as a result of life changes and increased responsibility. I know the changes I'm undergoing are positive ones, but I-- like so many other people-- always have this initial freaking-out period in response to any type of change. However, I'm doing good today. I've been doing lots of yoga and taking my own advice and putting things into perspective. Anyway, there are so many more important things going on. For example, I have class tonight. Getting through grad school will allow me to fulfill my perceived obligation to help others through education. Speaking of which, I've got a couple plays to read-- John Dryden's The Conquest of Granada by the Spaniards, Part I (1670) and George Villiers, Duke of Buckingham's The Rehearsal (1671). Drama, drama, drama!

No comments: