Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Semi-Coherent Thoughts on This First of Day of Autumn '09

Yes, today is the first day of fall. Of course, it still feels a lot like summer in my lil' neck of the woods. It's supposed to be more autumnal (weatherwise, anyway) next week. As for my theory about creative, wonderful things happening in the fall, it's looking as though that might actually be proven semi-true this year. For example, President Obama is going to meet with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu about possibly resuming peace talks. Also, our president has explicitly said that he does not want to commit any new troops to Afghanistan. I know achieving even a semblance of peace is a lofty goal, but the fact that we're actually considering talking to other countries as opposed to bombing the crap out of them is a step in the right direction. On the homefront, things are still tense in regards to health care. Like Bobby D. sang, "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." I think this wind is blowing from somewhere rotten and will eventually be replaced by the sweet breezes of real, bi-partisan health care reform. Yeah, maybe I'm being a bit overly optimistic, but the only way to live life in this world is optimistically. So, until my next ramblings, peace!

No comments: