Saturday, September 12, 2009

Just when I thought people couldn't get any crazier...

Just when I thought people couldn't get any crazier, they prove me wrong once again. The East Richland school district banned the showing of President Obama's speech to students last week. This is an outrage! Countless presidents-- Republican and Democratic-- have spoken to our nation's schoolchildren about the importance of public service. The GOP has dug itself a deep grave, thanks to this one. I have a distinct feeling that the electoral map will have a lot more blue on it in 2012. I mean, have y'all heard about what's going on in South Carolina? First, Mark Sanford and now Wilson's 'He's a liar!' outburst in response to the president's health care speech. Trust me, y'all, this all bodes well for the Dems in regards to getting Southern votes during the next election cycle. Besides, most of those Dixiecrat-turned-Repub good ole boys are dying off anyway. Mark my words: There is a progressive revolution taking place in Dixie. Although I'm ticked at my local school system's decision to ban the live broadcast of Obama's totally inocuous (and historic!) speech, I'm optimistic that this is a sign that people will finally realize that ultra-right-wing ideology is a destructive force in American society and always has been.

No comments: