Friday, April 17, 2009

Very disturbing things invading the Ashleyverse

Not surprisingly, I'm a bit disturbed by the actions of my fellow countrypeople. I was watching The Daily Show this morning, and Jon Stewart was ranting about the T.E.A. (Taxed Enough Already) Party Movement. All these wing-nuts, including the esteemed Sean Hannity, the honorable Glenn Beck, and assorted FAUX News sycophants, were pissin' 'n' moanin' about the supposed tyranny that is the Obama administration. Stewart shouted, "You people don't know (insert naughty word of choice here) about tyranny!" Couldn't have said it better myself, Jon. Secondly, I read a news story about the growth of white supremacist groups. Honestly, that doesn't surprise me, but it's no less disturbing. I seriously doubt a KKK/Neo-Nazi/militia group resurgence will really take hold, though. As I've said before, our nation is fundamentally progressive, and most Americans are too smart and decent to ever fall for these organizations' deceptions and transparent disguises-- both physical and ideological-- again. Lastly, I've had it with living in Southern Illinois. I do declare that I need a change of scenery! I'm confident I will achieve this goal, for I'm much more of a Scarlett than a Melanie.

No comments: