Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Suite 16th, Part Deux

As promised, I've written a couple timely Suite101 articles. The following is a list, complete with commentary.
Article List, Complete with Commentary:
1.) "The Lincoln Assassination: A Timeline of Events Leading Up to a National Tragedy"-- Yes, I'm a conspiracy theorist. Don't even get me started on the Kennedy assassination! Anyway, Lincoln was not the only one targeted by John Wilkes Booth and his cohorts on the night of April 14, 1865.
2.) "Mary Todd Lincoln: Misunderstood First Lady"-- History just does not give this poor woman a fair shake. Sure, Mrs. Lincoln had a strong personality, but cut her some slack already. She had so much tragedy in her life. Besides, what gal raised south of the Mason-Dixon Line couldn't be accused of being a bit of a drama queen?! (Note: Mary's birthplace, Kentucky, was geographically, technically a "border state," but it's extremely Southern in terms of culture and mores. Hence, Mary was indeed a quintessential Southern Belle. Okay, you get the point.)
Direct Link: http://www.suite101.com/writer_articles.cfm/obamagirl08.
P.S. I'm thinking of writing a book based on my findings for the latter article. Who knows what could come out of it! A Daily Show appearance or two, perhaps? lol! I'll keep y'all posted as my research progresses.

No comments: