Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Gone with the Wind-sday

I watched Gone with the Wind yesterday. Every self-respecting Southern Belle must do so at least once a year. This epic romance, starring Clark Gable as Rhett Butler and Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O'Hara, is also a before-and-after portrait of the Old South. I love romance and anything from the Civil War era. Speaking of which, today is the anniversary of the Lincoln assassination. Actually, he was shot on the night of April 14, 1865, and died the following morning. I'm planning on writing a Suite101 article about this subject tonight. I'll have more details in tomorrow's post. BTW, it's also tax day. I submitted my returns to the IRS a couple weeks ago. How 'bout y'all? Finally, the Titanic sank in the Atlantic Ocean on April 15, 1912, after hitting an iceberg.

No comments: