Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Prescription for a Nice Saturday Evening

Since there's absolutely nothing to do in this podunk town, I'm having a nice little Saturday evening in. I rented Bride Wars. I've heard mixed reviews about it, so I'll have to check it out to see if it's any good. Also, I've got some cool tunes. Of course, I've got my "Lucky Seven" CDs and Lynyrd Skynryd's All Time Greatest Hits. Every self-respecting Southern Belle has to have that in her music collection! "Sweet Home Alabama," "Simple Man," and "Freebird," are among my all-time fave "crank-'em-up" songs. They're also three of the greatest party tunes ever. Ya can't go wrong with a lil' romantic comedy and some good ole Southern rock-- excellent combo! I'm kinda laying low this weekend, since I just wrapped up the semester at work, plus I need a little R&R before I start grad school. Once that starts up, I'll be a bit more sociable. Hopefully, I'll meet Mr. Right while pursuing an advanced degree. For now, I'm okay just hangin' out.

No comments: