Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My New Regimen

I started a new health 'n' fitness regimen this week. I started powerwalking. It's something I've done for exercise and overall well-being off and on for 15 years and always go back to. Brisk walking is an excellent complement to yoga and Pilates. I started working out back in 1994, when I was 14 years old. I've tried all sorts of workouts, but powerwalking can't be beat. My fave months to exercise outdoors are May and October. So, I'm taking advantage of all the beautiful days and sunshine that one of my two favorite outdoor workout months has to offer. This routine kinda got off to a rocky start-- literally. Today, I got distracted by a loud noise and fell on a really bumpy sidewalk, but I picked myself up and kept on going. That's a perfect metaphor for how I choose to live my life. It doesn't matter if you fall down, as long as you pick yourself up and continue the journey.

No comments: