Saturday, June 27, 2009

Update on Current Events in the Ashleyverse

Alright, I've got a lil' confession for y'all: Things haven't exactly been all sunshine and yellow roses in the Ashleyverse the past few weeks. For starters, my family is dealing with my younger sister's health issues. Also, it's been a little tight for me financially. (What grad student doesn't have budgetary issues?) You see, the department I work in at the college has been negatively affected by state budget cuts. I get my first paycheck on July 10, and I will receive compensation for the hours I worked this month but didn't get paid for as a result of a temporary lack of departmental grant funding. Things are looking up, though. I just signed on to write op-ed columns for the DEN (Daily Eastern News-- university newspaper). Effective the beginning of fall semester, that becomes a paying gig. In addition, I made my first $100 via Google AdSense and will receive my first payment for that venture at the end of July. Next, I'll more than likely continue teaching communications in the fall, and could possibly be assigned to more than one section. Finally, things will more than likely pick up at the radio station in September, thanks to the fall sports season. I think that's why I love fall so much-- I'm always freakin' busy! For now, I'm just trying to enjoy the remainder of the summer. To be perfectly honest, I've never been one to air my dirty laundry in public. That's just how I was brought up-- to be a classy, dignified, proactive, smart Steel Magnolia. I prefer to be defined by what I do and how I contribute to society, not by what happens to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ya gotta love the internet. I was randomly reading the Inside Moves message board off IMBD, saw your post with a link to your blog and WALA here I am. lol

Really nice of you to give some props to one of the great movies, I contacted the author of the book last December when I heard about the DVD release. We got into a few email exchanges and I actually bought directly from him a 1st edition hardcover of the book.

Anyhoo, if you ever want to chat sometime, email me at comcast1019@yahoo.com. I have AIM, Yahoo and all that good stuff.