Thursday, January 22, 2009

Truth in Comedy

If there's one thing I've realized while watching Comedy Central's inauguration specials the past couple evenings, it's that there's truth in humor. For example, Jon Stewart told the wingnuts over at HOAX News to "let it go" in regards to the Bush administration. That said, I'm gonna get serious on y'all for a moment. Apparently, some folks think I'm biased and closed-minded and on a high horse. I think some folks have too much time on their hands and that they're just bitter that McSame/Pain lost. The fact of the matter is that I tried my dangdest to give Dubya a fair shake and even liked McSame back in 2000-- before the "Straight Talk Express" lost a wheel in Falwellville. We need to "put away childish things" and "channel the better angels of our history." Of course, those are Ole Abe's words that Barack re-iterated in his acceptance speech on Tuesday. (Honestly, I'm not sure that I quoted 'em right, but y'all get the point.) Anywho, let Changefest '09 begin!
P.S. I just remembered that the "putting away childish things" part is from the Bible.

No comments: