Friday, January 30, 2009

American and British History 101

Okay, I've got lots to share with y'all this evening. To begin with, I still haven't heard about whether or not I got that job. Apparently, the girl who interviewed me has had the past couple days off. Secondly, I just published a new article on Suite101. It's called: "Anna Harrison: Statistically Atypical First Lady." Also, on this day in 1969, the Fab Four performed their final concert on the rooftop of the Apple Studio in London. Yeah, I'm a Beatles fan. John's my favorite, of course. I think it has something to do with the whole sarcastic wit thing. He also had some awesome quotes and lyrics. My fave is: 'Living is easy with eyes closed.' That's from "Strawberry Fields Forever (1966)." Pure poetry! George is a very close second. In my oh-so-humble opinion, he was the Cute One. Speaking of poetry, on January 29, 1845, Edgar Allen Poe published his classic "The Raven." Irish poet/dramatist William Butler Yeats died on January 29, 1939. Yeats wrote "The Second Coming (1920)," an eerily prophetic poem.

No comments: