Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Coulter's Last Stand

I saw Man Coulter on The View. She was spewing hatred towards single moms. For example, she claims that the majority of U.S. prison inmates are the children of single moms. Fact Check: Many successful, wonderful people were raised this way, including our president-elect. On a more personal note, Coulter's remarks really piss me off because my grandmother was a single, working mom long before it was culturally acceptable. My mom and her four siblings are all law-abiding, productive citizens. I think (excuse me, know) that Ms. Righteousness will probably want to consider a new profession after this. I swear, she is the worst pundit/talk-show guest ever! Sure, everyone wants his or her piece of American pie, but the traditional, patriarchal family structure is just not a reality for everyone in this day and age.

No comments: