Thursday, March 4, 2010

Various Things for This Thursday, March 4

Howdy! I've got lots of various "Thursday things" to share with y'all today. First of all, I still can't get over that story about the Congressman who wants to replace Grant's face with Reagan's on the $50 bill. BTW, said "offender" is Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-North Carolina). Dang, what a waste of tax payer dollars that would be! You know Olbermann will probably name McHenry one of his "worst people in the world." And did anyone else pick up on the unfunny irony that this jerk wants to honor a president who caused socioeconomic disparity in the 80s during another recession? Then again, Repubs apparently subscribe to their own version of reality.

Secondly, we may have a health-care plan with a public option by Easter. President Obama is trying ardently to persuade Congress to come to an up-or-down vote by that date. Speaking of the prez, I was thumbing through this hip, trendy, magazine-like textbook called Reader's Edge today at work that contains sidebars about what celebrities, including Obama, are reading. It turns out he's really into Emerson's Self-Reliance and Hemingway's For Whom the Bell Tolls. Hmm... Great minds think alike! (Major LOL on that one!)

Finally, I'm still alive and am looking forward to my spring break from work next week. I actually have class at EIU on the 9th. (Eastern's break is the week of March 15-19, but I have to work. Go figure!) Anyway, I have to continue reading Moby Dick and work on homework. So, there's no such thing as a real break in the Ashleyverse. Still, I'm looking forward to having at least a little time off. I have to teach a pretty rigorous lesson tomorrow, so I'm just going to veg out tonight and watch the The Office "baby" episode.

And, with that happy thought, I conclude this "Thursday Things" post. Peace, Love, & Happiness!

No comments: