Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Personal Experience with Byronic Heroism

Yesterday I discussed the characteristics of the Byronic hero. It turns out that there might be one inhabiting the Ashleyverse-- my dad. He's back in town after being in Wyoming for the past three weeks. I love the man to death, but he's kind of a pain in the derriere sometimes. Also, my brother's in town this week. I swear, I couldn't imagine life without those two, but they drive me nuckin' futs! Dad and Hoss' comings and goings are a bit stressful, especially considering what we're going through with my sister. Even so, I'm grateful that I have a strong support network of family and friends. Still, I'm dying to get a job in Chucktown-- preferably through the university-- and finish my master's degree and get on with my life. I love my family, but I also value my sanity. I suppose one way I could view my situation is that I have training in dealing with strange, difficult people-- particularly weird men.

No comments: