Thursday, July 30, 2009

More Feelings On My Grade and Professor's Comments

Last night I said that I felt my grade on my research paper was a fair one and that I got what I deserved. As for Dr. K's comments, I agree with what he had to say-- there were a few things I could've done differently and/or better. For example, he didn't like how I previewed each section at the end of the previous one. I get where he's coming from on that front. Also, he criticized my lack of focus and the fact that the questions I posed in my thesis were very broad. Once again, guilty as charged. I need to strive to be more concrete as opposed to somewhat abstract. Finally, he felt that I could've developed certain points a bit more. I'm not trying to make excuses, but I think the time factor was a big issue here. Had this been a "normal" 16-week semester, I could've taken eight weeks to do research and then another three or four weeks to actually write the danged paper. All things considered, I'm pleased with the results of this endeavor. I've had fun this summer. Besides, we still have our second take-home exam and final to do. I could easily get As on those assignments and pull an A out of the class. Furthermore, I could re-edit this sucker in order to make it grad assistant application worthy by October, when the app is due. You've gotta take the good with the bad, and that's what I'm doing. To be perfectly honest, I don't want to talk about the danged paper anymore. It's done and over with. Time to move on to bigger and better things!

No comments: