Thursday, December 25, 2008

So, this is Christmas...

Of course, that's a line from one of my fave seasonal tunes, John & Yoko's "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)." Here are a few others:
"Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer"-- Elmo & Patsy-- Did I fail to mention that I spent my formative years in the Lone Star State? 'Nuff said!
"Little Drummer Boy/Peace On Earth"-- Bing Crosby & David Bowie-- a beautiful, timely sentiment; intriguing simply due to the artists-- I mean, Bing Crosby & David Bowie?!
"Peace On Earth"-- U2-- Need I say more?
"Do They Know It's Christmas?"-- Band Aid-- Couldn't Resist-- Gotta have this one on the list-- simultaneously sappy and thought provoking-- I like that!
"Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey"-- Huh? Don't ask. I was introduced to this one three Christmases ago by some D & Ders (That's a whole other post!) with a penchant for discovering obscure films and music. This is the ultimate "Nerd's Carol."

No comments: