Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Review

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I rented a couple DVDs. There's not much to say about The House Bunny, starring Anna Faris and produced by Adam Sandler, except that it was kind of cute and funny in parts. I Really Hate My Job, on the other hand, is a bit more complicated than that. Starring Neve Campbell, the film provides minimalist character sketches of five-- four British and one American-- angst-filled female restaurant workers. Each woman wants to be somebody else: an actress (Campbell), an artist, a great lover, a writer, and even a revolutionary. I was hooked the minute I saw this movie in the store and read its tagline: "Every day is just another day closer to the day I'll never have to do this again." I exclaimed to myself, "Hell, yeah!" I've now been inspired to lead my own revolution against mediocrity and obscurity. (BTW, speaking of Anna Faris, I recommend that y'all watch Southern Belles-- another one my fave flicks. It is a far more accurate representation of her comedic talent.)

No comments: