Sunday, September 14, 2008

Spiritual Musings

"Does Heaven Exist?"
By Lysistrata*
So much talk about spiritual matters these days
So many big questions being asked, yet so few answers
Well, one question I have is this: "Does Heaven Exist?"
Furthermore, what about Hell?
Quite honestly, I don't think they are physical places at all
Rather, Heaven and Hell exist within us, and their characteristics manifest themselves according to worldly events
Where there is peace, there is Heaven
Where there is war, there is Hell
It seems that we're in a Hellish state right now
But we can turn things around
So, does Heaven exist?
I say, "Yes. If we want it to, however, we must create it."
*This is my stage name. It is taken from a Greek comedy called Lysistrata, which was written by Aristophanes . The title character is the first anti-war and feminist heroine in literary history. I perform my poetry and spoken-word pieces at Jackson Avenue Coffee in Charleston, IL.

No comments: